xtremewailing.com Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Best Video Game EVER

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quantum_leap

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Best Video Game EVER Reply with quote

I recently watched one of the "you makde me lose my guy" podcasts where Rich asks Jim what his all-time favorite video game is, and you can't say it's a tie or add some other technicality that allows you to have more than one favorite.

I often didn't play video games, but when I did it was usually a version of Mario World on a different system. But, my all time favorite was Zelda on N64 because I spent a whole summer playing the entire game without cheating by looking in the video game magazine for secrets, or asking for help from others. It was my first time palying it, and I spent that whole summer hours on end playing it. It took me ages to beat the game only because I was annoyed that the princess won't run down those stairs as fast as Link, and that she stops following you. How dumb can she be not to follow her rescuer down the stairs as the buidling is on fire and crumbling to pieces??

And from what I hear about Zelda on the Wii, it doesn't sound like I desperately need to go out and get a Wii or even play someone else's just because everyone talked about it. I like my version, and I want to play that one. I also like Zelda on gameboy, whenever I got the chance to play a gameboy, and I thought that was fun. But seeing it all 3D, and being able to be Link and do things totally unrelated to the goals in the game was cool too. I could go fishing, play with the time of day by playing the ocharina sun song, and so on. I enjoyed the pointless time-wasting as well as all the missions.

The only "level" I didn't like was going into the Shadow area...getting down the hole without dying and then actually playing it, plus it had creepy music. That's the only part that I didn't want to have to play more than once, but often had to.

What about everyone else? What is your favorite of all time video game? and why?

-Dr. Beckett
Post new topic   Reply to topic    xtremewailing.com Forum Index -> Video Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: